The owners of this historically significant home had a dream to return the home to its former glory.
Built in 1892 in one of Victoria’s oldest residential neighbourhoods, the house was converted to a duplex in the 1940s and was later sectioned into multiple rental suites. The house was structurally unsound and worn out from years of rental traffic. In essence, the house had to be rebuilt from scratch. The extensive renovation work to this heritage-designated building included constructing an addition on the front of the house, adding attic space and enlarging the kitchen.